I’ve been engaged since October and all I’ve been doing is flooding my mind with whimsical weddings. Shooting weddings is such an honor and I love capturing beautiful moments, but planning one is a completely different story! I’ve dived into planning one of my own. It’s been an experience, and now that the big planning is coming to an end, I’m sad its over! I’ve enjoyed picking out the little details: linens, vases, flowers, and stationary. Who knew!? I’ve decided to show you some of the inspiration images that I’ve collected over the past few months. Let me know what you think!
1. Lighting is sooooo crucial for a beautiful wedding. Indoor or outdoor. Since we are having an outdoor ceremony in a valley we had to think about what time would the lighting be absolutely perfect. We don’t want it to be too dark, but we want the suns rays to have that heaven feeling about them. You really don’t have to be as picky as us (we’re photographers, we have an excuse;) but keep lighting in mind when picking out your venue and time of the ceremony/reception. This picture really captures perfect outdoor lighting.
2. I adore the fog in this ceremony location! This would be ideal if it HAS to rain! I also really liked the shepherd hooks. It keeps things casual, yet elegant. I found them at Joanne Fabrics on sale for $6 bucks a piece!
3. Candlelight adds that romantic feel at a reception. The different heights of the vases add visual interest to the centerpieces. You don’t want them too high or too bulky. Your guests need to be able to see each other from across the table.
4. I don’t even know why I hired a florist! This seems easy enough right? Each vase has their own type of flowers! Love it.
5. Our Ceremony and Reception are located at a castle. I don’t think that we need a lot of decoration, but I can’t help myself when it comes to beautiful flowers! If I wanted to be over the top, I would put these along the walkways throughout the grounds.More inspiration and tips to come!